To diagnose complaints the following vein examinations are performed:
DIAGNOSING VEIN DISEASES
The diagnostic spectrum of the specialist medical practice comprises all non-invasive procedures for examining venous and lymphatic illnesses, which are mainly performed in modern vascular medicine. Non-invasive examination methods are procedures which are performed without the use of contrast agents and X-rays. These diagnostic procedures are painless and not dangerous for the patient.
- Special phlebological case history
- Clinical examination
- Digital photoplethysmography (DPPG)
- Venous occlusion plethysmography (VP)
- Directional CW Doppler sonography (known as a Doppler ultrasound test)
- Colour ultrasound (Duplex sonography)
Early detection, prevention and the treatment of varicose veins in the early stage helps considerably to prevent or delay an operation. In any case, prior to any varicose vein treatment, it is necessary to clarify the extent the vein illness has currently reached. This allows an individual therapy plan to be created for each case.